Friday, February 20

Odds and Ends


Well, I didn't load the pictures in the right order. But, since 'someone' has been bugging me about posting something, it is what it is....

I had snow at my home a couple of weeks ago and it is something that doesn't happen often. And I'm the typical go crazy about the snow person. The picture of the bird is from my backyard on a fountain I have turned over to the birds, I had no choice in the matter, they just took it over. They bath in it everyday and yes, I do provide their meals.


The picture below is of a little creek along my side yard. The picture below that is just a shot in my backyard.






These shots were taken earlier in the morning before the sun came up. Told you I loaded the pictures wrong....This is from my front porch.








The following two pictures are of my bedroom with a piece of art (? ha) that I created and didn't like, but it grew on me and now I like it. I am probable the only one that does like it! I'm okay with that.












The next 3 pictures are of my guest room and I'm showing my newest attempt at 'art'. The piece over the bed is from material that was a gift from Corinnea. I really like it and it also got the aproval of Sherie. The hoops over the closet I copied from some I saw in the arts and crafts store. You can also see a couple of the photographs Corinnea took inside Monet's garden. The cool pillow is one of Jessica's.




















These two pictures are of my Hall of Fame, at least they are MY hero's I added the writting to it a while back. They are stick on's and I love the way it turned out. Anyway, thats it for now.




















10 comments:

Joan's Good Life said...

I love your Hall of Fame and the stick-on words are fab.! I think I may have to do something like that in my new house.
I like the art you did too! So now everyone gets to see where your "girls" got their talent from!
Glad you put something new up, obviously you should do it more often!!! =-)

Anonymous said...

Your house looks very pretty. I really like what you did with the fabric Corinnea sent. I'm jealous of all the talent your family has.

sherie lee said...

your house looks like a winter wonderland in the snow, i love the stream!!! Dont you wish it would snow every morning???

Norma's Nonsense said...

Joan thanks for the nice words, but my "girls" far far out do me with their talents. I think I'm learning from them. Mary, Mary, you are sooo talented yourself. Yes, Sherie, I wish it would snow every morning, how cool would that be!

Corinnea said...

Ditto what everyone else said!!

Your collages are great! You make me want to try again!

The bird on the fountian and the street lamp, particularly gorgeous.

Hadn't seen the word at on your picture wall yet, I like it.

Jessica said...

LOVE the snow... how come it never would do that while I was there? Your front yard looks like it is in a park. Love the way that turned out! I really like the newest fabric collage thingy. Very cute!!

Thorngren said...

I love the colors in your painting
about the quilted bed. I wish I could see a closer pic. It looks really nice! Is it acrylic?

Norma's Nonsense said...

Throngren.....I'm happy you like my crazy painting. Yes, it is acrylic. I want to do more and hopefully learn as I do, to do better. Thanks for your comment.

Katelyn R. said...

Your collages are amazing! I've heard of people doing them but didn't think anything of it. I think you should do more and post them because I am very impressed.

Norma's Nonsense said...

Katelyn, thank you for your very nice comments, you are too kind. I bet you could do alot better! Try it.